Starting in 1910, the early pioneers gathered at the home of George Miller or Dan Miller for their weekly church services. This congregation built their first church in 1912. The congregation consisted of the following families: George Miller, Dan Miller, Gotthielf Bauch, Gottfred Tarnasky, Ben Wildermut, John Haas, Jacob Eberhardt, John and Phillip Gebhardt, Christian and Ferdinand Buchholz, Christian and Karl Zeiffle, Jack Scheifele, Christian Durr, John Bauman, William Kanewischer George Pichtigen, Adolf Schlenker and Karl Henke.
The first pastor Reverend E. Bernstein performed the first wedding when Reinhold Gomke and Charlotte Gebhardt were united in holy matrimony. Pastors serving this church included Heinrich Freise, G.J. Rieker, John A. Hochstatter, F.W. Gross and W.E. Sieber.
The original church was used until 1932 when a larger building was moved from Round Lake to the John Haas property about one mile south and one mile east of the old site. The church was closed in 1935.
The cemetery is located six miles west and one mile south of Hilda, Alberta, or one mile south of the j unction of township road 180 and range road 21. Legal land description is SW 36-17-02-W4 the John Gebhardt homestead. The fence is in good condition and the grass needs to be cut. A number of bushes have grown high enough to hide a few grave markers. There is an indication of some vandalism as at June 1994.
Information courtesy of Medicine Hat and District Genealogical Society (MHDGS)