The Good Hope Lutheran Congregation was organized twelve miles southeast of Schuler, Alberta, in the Forres, Saskatchewan, area. Forres was later renamed Hatton. This congregation was first served by Reverend Spohr in 1910. The first services were conducted in private homes. In 1912 a small wood frame church was built. The building committee consisted of August Beck, Martin Frasch, Paul Getz, John Adam and George Hagel. In 1918 this church proved inadequate and a larger church was built under the direction of William Beck, Carl Ensminger, Mike Bauer and Gottlieb Adam. The small church was later sold to the village of Schuler, Alberta, where it was used as a school. The school population soon outgrew this small building so it was sold to Frank Wetsch who remodeled it into a home. It was owned later by Martin Volk. The new church was moved into Schuler, Alberta, in 1955. The Peace Lutheran Congregation of Schuler and the Good Hope Congregation united under the name Good Hope. New Kronsfelt and Good Hope were served by one pastor since 1918. In 1940, the Bethlehem Congregation of Hilda, Alberta, joined the parish and now they were known as the Schuler Lutheran Parish. The first parsonage was built in 1918 at the former rural Good Hope site. In 1935, this home was moved into Schuler, Alberta. A new parsonage was built in 1964, under the direction of Henry Nitschke, Melvin Haskell, Rueben Ehret, Clifford Elle, Fred Hartman and Ernest Elle.
The church is located near the west entrance to Schuler, Alberta, on north side of the street. The cemetery is well fenced, very clean, with all markers in an upright position.
Information courtesy of Medicine Hat and District Genealogical Society (MHDGS)