Lacombe Home Cemetery, also known as Sisters of Providence, Providence Sisters Cemetery , Soeurs de la Providence, was built in 1910 for the aged and orphans—two groups Father Lacombe identified as destitute and in need of community support and care. Working in conjunction with the Sisters of Charity of Providence, Father Lacombe intended his home as a Christian Catholic institution devoted to the care of everyone, regardless of religion. That vision continues as the core of all current and planned activities of care.
The generosity of others has always been fundamental to the realization of the vision. The original land (200 acres of a ranch north of Midnapore) was donated by future senator Patrick Burns. The Province of Alberta, Lord Strathcona of the CPR and Calgary businessman J.C. Duggan were significant among those who supported the $60,000 cost of construction.
The Cemetery is towards the back the property for the sisters’ burials and the heart of Father Lacombe.
270 Providence Boulevard SE
|Surname||Given Name||Born||Died||Age||Cemetery||Location||Obituary||Narrative||R Code|