Munson is a village west of Highway 9, approximately 40 kilometres east southeast of Three Hills. Munson is a tiny farming village named after lawyer John Henry Munson, K.C (1859-1918). Munson was counsel for the Canadian Northern Railway, which established a station here on its Saskatoon – Calgary Line in 1911. Munson is buried in his hometown of Cobour, Ontario. The site of his Winnipeg home on Wellington Crescent is now called Munson park. The CN Building, where he once worked, still stands at Winnipeg’s busiest intersection.