This cemetery is just north of the present day Beiseker Level Land Seventh-day Adventist Church, which is 2 kilometres south of the intersection of Highway #9 and RR242. The original name of this church, and cemetery, was the Rosebud Seventh-day Adventist Church and the Rosebud Seventh-day Adventist Cemetery.
“In the year 1908 a group of hardy individuals came from various parts of the Dakotas to settle in the Brushy Ridge area, 60 miles northeast of Calgary and 40 miles from any railroad. This point, 10 miles east and one mile south of the present site of Beiseker, a then non-existent town, became the nucleus of the Rosebud Seventh-day Adventist Church.
Upon their arrival at their new location, the winter snow began to fall, and on the first Saturday, the seventh day of the week, October 31, 1908, they gathered under the tent of Samuel Leiske, Sr. on the Andrew Tetz property for their first worship service.”
From the “Beiseker’s Golden Heritage” book published by the Beiseker Historical Society, 1977, page 75
Range Rd 242, south of Highway #9
|Surname||Given Name||Born||Died||Age||Cemetery||Location||Obituary||Narrative||R Code|